Fill your house with the scrumptious smell of apple cinnamon scones. These dairy-free scones are perfectly moist on the inside and have a crisp cinnamon crunch.
Happy last day of September! I’ve got to say I’m a a little sad because September is my absolute favorite month. And somehow this September seemed to rush by faster than I can ever remember.
Fall is my absolute favorite season. The weather is just perfect and there’s a feeling of excitement and productivity in the air. Kids are back at school and things are slowly gearing up for the holiday season. Don’t get me wrong, summer is lovely, but I love being in the swing of things before winter really hits.
However, because I love fall so much, I often waste way too much time feeling anxious about whether I’m enjoying it enough. How annoying is that? I do that when I travel and visit people, too. I get so excited and have waited so long, that I have a hard time just relaxing and experiencing the thing I love.
This year especially, I’ve felt nostalgic for fall’s past. For the past three years, I’ve trained for bigger races in the fall, I’ve gone apple picking, I’ve savored the foliage. When I lived in Ithaca fall was nothing short of magical. Every weekend my friends and I would find fun things to do outdoors, whether it was hiking in the gorges, going to wineries, running through the foliage strewn trails or celebrating Apple Fest.
But this year, I haven’t changed my routine. I feel a little trapped being on an island with limited fall-ish follies. But I know in my heart that nostalgia always makes things seem sweeter than they were.
So rather than mope about all the things I can’t do, I’m just going to make one fall resolution: enjoy the outdoors every day.
Even if it’s just a 10 minute walk, even if it’s in the pouring rain, I want to get myself outside to enjoy what’s going on right now. Nature has a funny way of slowing things down to the pace they should be. And that’s just what I need.
Oh, oh, oh, and one more fall resolution: bake all the fall flavored things! Like these BOMB diggity cinnamon honey crisp apple scones. If you follow me on Instagram stories you already know that these are probably the best scones (or baked good) I’ve ever made.
So if you even kind of like scones, these are it baby.
Cinnamon Honey Crisp Apple Scones
- 2¼ cups of whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup of coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of coconut oil (solid)
- ¾ cups of coconut milk*
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ a medium sized honey crisp apple, chopped into ½” pieces
- ½ tablespoon of cinnamon
- Optional Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- Mix 1 teaspoon of sugar with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- *make sure to use coconut milk that has fat in it, either low fat or full fat
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- In a large bowl mix together all dry ingredients, flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt
- Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut in solid coconut oil to the flour
- In a separate bowl mix together wet ingredients (not coconut oil) Egg, coconut milk and vanilla extract
- In the dry bowl create a well with the flour and pour in the wet mixture – fold together without over mixing and stir in apple chunks
- Take the dough and form into a circular mound, scoring into 8 triangular pieces (think like a pizza)
- Optional: Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the dough
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, separate pieces and bake for the remaining 10 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean
Vegan Pumpkin Cake from the Almond Eater
A delectable 3-layer Vegan Pumpkin Cake that’ll please even non-vegans. It’s topped with a cinnamon-y cashew-based icing that’s both light and flavorful.
Autumn Breakfast Bowl with Pumpkin Almond Butter from rachLmansfield
The most delectable Autumn Breakfast Bowl made with our favorite fall ingredients & topped with Creamy Pumpkin Almond Butter for an easy & healthy breakfast
Protein Pumpkin Donuts with Cashew Frosting from the Blissful Balance
Get a kick of protein power with these Protein Pumpkin Donuts with Cashew Frosting. Perfect for the Fall season, these soft, sweet, and spicy donuts will keep you feeling full!
Whole Wheat Cinnamon Apple Muffins from Fit Mitten Kitchen
Dairy-free and whole wheat Cinnamon Apple Muffins! These guys are bursting with so much flavor. Perfectly soft, filled with lots of apples and cinnamon, plus topped off with a delicious oat streusel.
- What’s your favorite season? (why?)
- What’s your favorite fall activity?
The post Cinnamon Honey Crisp Apple Scones + 4 More Fall Festive Recipes appeared first on In it for the Long Run.