Grilled corn salad that’s packing a little sweet, a little spicy, and all delicious flavors in it. This delicious Mexican Street Corn Salad is made with grilled corn, grilled poblano peppers, queso fresco, fresh herbs, and more.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
PIN IT if you LOVE IT!
Cinco de Mayo is coming this week! Are you ready to get your tacos and margaritas on?
It’s so strange how the outlook on the holidays change over the years and throughout different regions. Cinco de Mayo celebrates a battle victory for the Mexican army during the Franco-Mexican war. It’s a relatively small holiday and it is not even a federal holiday for Mexico. Although, in United States, it’s a major celebration of Mexican culture.
I’m curious as to how this happens. How do holidays like Cinco de Mayo and St. Patrick’s Day, which are not normally celebrated in the original country, become so big in United States? Perhaps History or Travel channel should do a special show about the international holiday evolution in US.
Whatever the reasons for this holiday evolution might be, it doesn’t make it any less fun and delicious. Pour me a margarita and let’s fire up the grill to make some Mexican Street Corn Salad to go with my tacos!
Do you have a favorite or must-make recipe for Cinco de Mayo? Chips and salsa, guacamole, and margaritas seem like they would be the most popular choices. I also like to make enchiladas for dinner and nachos for lunch. But, that’s not all! I actually have the Mexican food theme going all week. It’s Taco Burgers today with a side of this delicious corn salad.
- 5-6 corn in husks
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 2 medium poblano peppers
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- Zest from 1 lg lime
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- ½ -1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- ½ cup queso fresco, crumbled
- To grill corn:
- Prepare your charcoal until it’s ashed over. Move it to one half of the grill so that you have a cooler grill side and a hotter grill side. Make sure the grate is clean.
- Snip the silk whiskers sticking out of the top of the corn husk but leave the rest of the corn in a husk. Lay it on the grill, with the bottom of the husk towards the cooler side of the grill. Close the grill and cook for 13-15 minutes, turning it every 3-4 minutes.
- Take corn off the grill and carefully, using tongues, take off the husk and the silk. Brush corn with melted butter and place back on the grill. Close the grill and cook, turning it every 3-4 minutes, until lightly charred on all sides.
- Take corn off the grill and cut the corn kernel off the cobs. Add corn kernel to the mixing bowl.
- Poblano Peppers: Place poblano peppers on the hot side of the grill about half way though cooking corn. Let them char on both sides. Once the peppers are nicely charred, take them off the grill. Cut the peppers, take out the seeds, and scrape off the the charred skin. Dice the peppers and add them to the mixing bowl.
- Add minced cilantro, mayo, sour cream, lime zest, salt, and chili powder to the mixing bowl with corn and peppers. Mix well.
- Mix in crumbled queso fresco.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Tasty Recipes From Me:
Hot 7 Layer Dip
Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos
Spicy Creamy Shrimp Enchiladas
The post Mexican Street Corn Salad appeared first on Will Cook For Smiles.