Keep your mid-day munchies healthy with these 5-Ingredient No-Bake Blueberry Almond Energy Snacks! In just 10 minutes you can stash a batch in your refrigerator for nutritious bites on the go. This versatile recipe is husband-and-kid-approved, making the snacks ideal for lunch boxes, commuter breakfasts, and pre-gym workout fuel!
You guys, this recipe has been a long time coming! I can’t tell you how many batches of healthy “bites” I have attempted to create over the years. They seem so simple, but getting the right ratio of ingredients so that the balls stay together, don’t use too much sweetener, and actually taste delicious is no easy feat! Since this particular batch of healthy snacks disappeared within about 2 days, I knew that I had found a winner! My boys cannot get enough…
We’re definitely a family that loves its snacks, so I’m always looking for ways to keep our options interesting and still nutritious. I like to grab a bite or two on my way to the gym in the morning for a pre-breakfast energy boost. The snacks are also sturdy enough to withstand the jostling and abuse that they get in a school lunchbox, so I use them as little sweet treats to supplement the boys’ sandwiches, fruit, and other munchies at school. I love that they’re getting healthy fat, protein, and whole grains in one little package!
These energy bites are such a great way to prep ahead for the week and fill your kitchen with good-for-you snacks that the whole family can enjoy. They tide you over until your next meal (preventing overeating later), and they supplement a healthy diet with so many nutritious ingredients. They are truly the perfect intersection of delicious, nutritious, and convenient!
- ⅔ cup finely chopped raw almonds
- ⅓ cup dried blueberries
- 1 ¼ cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- Optional (but recommended): ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, stir together all of the ingredients until completely combined.
- Use a small ice cream scoop or spoon to scoop out the mixture into individual portions. Use your hands to roll it into balls and place on a rimmed baking sheet or small baking pan.
- Tip: Keep your hands damp with water so that the mixture doesn’t stick to your fingers and it’s easy to roll into balls.
- Place balls in the refrigerator to set for about 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week (but they probably won’t last that long)!
A few notes: If you don’t have dried blueberries, try using raisins and adding some cinnamon to the mix. A Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal Energy Snack sounds delicious! And next I’m planning to make a batch of Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Snacks (per Gibbs’s request)! Just substitute dark chocolate chips for the blueberries, peanuts for the almonds, and peanut butter for the almond butter. The ratios can all stay the same. So easy, and so versatile!
The post No-Bake Blueberry Almond Energy Snacks appeared first on The Seasoned Mom.