One Pan Lemon Thyme Chicken Asparagus
One Pan Lemon Thyme Chicken Asparagus is a super easy ‘throw-together’ recipe, healthy AND happens to be low carb, whole 30, paleo AND family friendly!
Talk about 5 birds with one stone! One pan meals are one of our favourite ways to prepare anything around here, and this One Pan Lemon Thyme Chicken Asparagus is another incredibly easy recipe to add to your list!
You can’t go wrong with this recipe. Honestly. Not only is it easy to prepare, it’s even easier to EAT, and that’s always a good thing, am I right? I mean chicken that’s juicy on the inside, golden and crisp on the outside, swimming in so many incredible flavours made up with only a handful of ingredients. HELLO new favourite chicken recipe! I hope you’re just excited as I am! Or, just happy will do.
All you’re going to do is sear your chicken in a cast iron skillet OR an oven proof pan. If you don’t have one, you can always place the chicken directly into a baking dish and skip the searing part. It’s completely up to you.
Once you get your. chicken nice, crispy and golden, you’re going to add all the flavours to the pan. Garlic, lemon juice, and fresh thyme to seal the deal.
THEN, after finishing it the chicken off in the oven, add your asparagus spears and allow them to cook to your liking. I like mine crisp-tender and put them in during the last 10 minutes of roasting time. If you like them softer, add them in during the last 15 minutes.
One Pan Lemon Thyme Chicken Asparagus for dinner. Just-like-that.
Now to go wash allllll the pots and pans. Wait — there’s ONLY ONE! THAT’S BEST PART!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 6 bone in, skin on or off chicken thighs
- Pinch of salt, to season
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried Thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed (or 1½ tablespoons minced garlic)
- Juice of 1 lemon (about ⅓ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 5 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2-3 bunches of asparagus (about 24 spears), woody ends removed
- Preheat your oven to 200°C | 400° F. Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and dried thyme.
- Heat a large (34 cm or 13-14 inch) cast iron skillet (or heavy based oven-proof pan), over medium-high heat. When the skillet (or pan) is hot, add the oil. Sear the thighs, skin-side down, until skin is golden and crisp (about 4-5 minutes). Flip chicken and sear on the other side for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the centre of the pan, and cook while stirring, for one minute until fragrant. Pour in the lemon juice, and sprinkle over fresh thyme leaves from 2 sprigs. Place another 2 sprigs around the chicken.
- Transfer skillet (or pan), to the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until completely cooked through. Add the asparagus spears to the pan during the last 12 minutes of cook time.
- Garnish with lemon slices and leaves from the remaining sprig of thyme. Serve immediately.
© 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.
The post One Pan Lemon Thyme Chicken Asparagus appeared first on Cafe Delites.