This Saucy Tomato and Artichoke Chicken recipe post was originally published back in 2013, but it’s been updated with new photos and a more official recipe so I wanted to reshare it today! Matt and I LOVE this recipe – it’s one of our easiest dinner faves and our standard go-to when we need something healthy and tasty but FAST. If you haven’t tried it yet, do it!
Today, I present to you: the easiest dinner ever. Delicious and nutritious, too! This Saucy Tomato and Artichoke Chicken goes from stove to table in under 15 minutes with just 4 ingredients! It’ll definitely be your new go-to weeknight dinner.
Pin this image to save for later!
By the time Matt and I are both home and ready for dinner, we’re ready for something that gets to the table in as little time possible. I remembered this quick and easy dish I used to make all the time when I unearthed it from my recipe collection for an AnneTheRD client looking for quick and tasty chicken dinner ideas!
The secret is the canned diced tomatoes – I use the ones that have basil and garlic added in for extra flavor, but regular canned diced tomatoes work, too!
Here’s everything you need to throw this easy recipe together:
You can use whatever veggies you have on hand, too – this recipe is super flexible! I love adding mushrooms, peas, or broccoli in the pan as well.
This dish is great with a whole grain on the side, like quinoa or brown rice. I usually serve it with 90-second instant brown rice, my all-time favorite healthy dinner shortcut!
Just put the chicken breasts in a pan with a little olive oil, then add the tomatoes and artichokes over top and simmer (with the lid on) for about 10 minutes. Next, add the spinach & let it wilt for a minute or two, then dinner is ready! Easy and there’s no chopping involved, either!
Here’s the full recipe:
Saucy Tomato & Artichoke Chicken
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 lb chicken breasts, halved (or use chicken tenders)
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- two big handfuls baby spinach
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the chicken and cook for a minute or two to brown the outside.
- Add the tomatoes and artichokes (and any other veggies you want, like mushrooms!), cover, and cook for about 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the spinach, cover again, and cook for 1-2 minutes, until wilted.
Looking for more super easy weeknight dinners? Here are some of my favorites! Also, don’t miss my post on 15 pantry staples for 15 minute dinners!
- Pesto Baked Salmon with Veggies
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Quinoa Taco Salad
- Easy Coconut Curry
What’s your go-to 15 minute dinner?