Smoky BBQ Paleo Ground Beef Chili Con Carne – a gluten free, dairy free paleo chili with a smoky BBQ flare. Give your favourite comfort food a delightful twist with this home-cooked meal.
A chili is probably one of the top 10 fall/winter comfort foods. I want to say top 5 but then I remember some people will eat pizza in any type of weather lol! There are so many chili recipes on Google and even a heap more PALEO chilli recipes but they all seem to be the same thing. Well, mine’s just a little bit different because BBQ’S are still on my mind.
This Smoky BBQ Paleo Ground Beef Chili Con Carne is just that. A paleo chili with some smoky BBQ sauce. Nothing too fancy but all the more delicious and delightfully different to the norm. Sometimes, it’s good to give your favourite things a little twist, right?
I use my easy and deliciously smoky no cook paleo BBQ sauce and I actually mix it into the paleo chili (guess it’s “cooked” in this case lol).
Sweet potatoes or even some pumpkin will add a nice creamy touch to the chilli while the avocado just tops the whole dish off.
If you love fall comfort foods that contain lots of grass fed beef then this Smoky BBQ Paleo Ground Beef Chili Con Carne recipe is made with home cooked love just for you!
Here are some other comfort foods that you might like:
Smoky BBQ Paleo Chili
Smoky BBQ Paleo Chilli – a gluten free, dairy free paleo chilli filled with ground beef, chilli peppers, sweet potatoes and a paleo smoky BBQ sauce for an extra flare
- 1 sweet potato diced * ((roasted or steamed))
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion ((diced))
- 3 cloves garlic ((minced))
- 1 bell pepper ((diced))
- 500 g / 1lb ground beef
- 2-3 chilli peppers ((diced))
- 400 g /14 oz. chopped tomatoes
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 1/4 cup paleo bbq sauce
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- Prepare your sweet potatoes by steaming for 4-5 mins (should have a softer consistency but fork does not have to go through as it will still cook in the chilli)
- Add your coconut oil to a pot on medium-high heat, saute onions and garlic till translucent, about 3-4 mins.
- Add in your bell peppers, cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add in your chilli peppers, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Next add in your beef, cook till browned.
- Pour in your chopped tomatoes and BBQ sauce.
- Stir in your seasonings. Cook for about 10 minutes (taste test after 10 minutes to check if you want to add the extra cayenne pepper)
- Cook for a further 30 minutes on a low simmer.
- Serve and enjoy.
Paleo BBQ Sauce Recipe
*You can also use roasted sweet potatoes and add them in at the end of cooking.
Are you following me on Twitter and Facebook yet? Come join in on my recipe sharing craze (and my random rambles!). On Snapchat? Follow me: whitneysingaah
Keep up-to-date with WhittyPaleo happenings here!
The post Smoky BBQ Paleo Ground Beef Chili Con Carne appeared first on WhittyPaleo.