What do you do with your perfectly ripened avocados? Adding them to a salad, making a smoothie, or even creating a vegan avocado dessert, all sound fantastic. But at this moment, I’m really craving a sweet-savory dip to go with the blue corn chips that are calling out to me from my pantry. That’s right! A 10-minute ultra-fresh mango guacamole is what I’m going to make.
Recently, a new grocery store opened in our area. I couldn’t pass up the great deal on avocados at their grand opening. Right next to the avocado pile, were some very large, perfectly ripened mangos waiting to be picked. Has this store been communicating with my blue corn chips too? Spooky!
One-stop shopping is always a time saver for those of you with busy schedules. To make this ultra-fresh mango guacamole, you can easily find all the ingredients in most grocery stores. Here is the list:
Ground black pepper
I suppose that picking up a container of prepared guacamole would be faster than making your own. However, if you have 10 minutes, would like to enjoy something fresh with all natural ingredients, and like experimenting with your own guacamole combinations, you’ll definitely appreciate this ultra-fresh mango guacamole. Beyond being rich, creamy, savory, tangy, and spicy, these finely chopped ripe mangos definitely add a fantastic sweet twist. In addition, you will enjoy your salty chips even more, because you’re in control of how much salt that goes into the guacamole.
Being a chip dip isn’t the only application for this sweet-savory mango guacamole. Adding it into a black bean vegan taco or tofu sandwich is also fabulous. You definitely can’t go wrong with this stuff. The possibilities are endless.
- 3 small ripe avocados, mashed
- ⅔ cup mango, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup Roma tomato, seeded and finely chopped (approximately ½ of a Roma tomato)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 dash cumin powder
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Cut avocados in half and remove the pits (see note). Scoop out the avocado flesh and discard the peel. Place the avocado flesh into a mixing bowl and use a fork or masher to briefly mash the avocado flesh.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and serve.
2. Use Roma tomato instead of vine tomato because Roma tomato has more flesh and less juice.
The post Ultra-Fresh Mango Guacamole appeared first on Light Orange Bean.