These vegan banana chocolate donuts are made entirely in the blender for a super fluffy texture and easy cleanup! Also gluten-free and high in protein!
We’re making donuts! In the blender. Without any junk. And they are so SO good!
I had a totally different post and video planned for today (one that was focused on spirulina), but the thought of eating a bunch of recipes with blue-green algae just wasn’t sitting well. So we went in the complete opposite direction and made donuts instead!
Because #balance, right?
But these aren’t your typical chocolate donut. Oh no, these are soft, fluffy, perfectly sweetened vegan banana chocolate donuts made with 100% pure and healthy ingredients!
The base is a blend of oats, almond flour and cacao powder, which, since it’s blended up into a batter, becomes completely smooth and fluffy. I still haven’t figured out what it is about oat flour that makes baked goods so amazing, but it’s by far one of my favorites. I use it mostly in my quinoa muffin recipes (have you tried the Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Quinoa Muffins yet?!), but now that I’ve seen it do its magic with donuts? You know I’m going to be testing all sorts of things for you!
For the wet ingredients, we’re using almond milk, almond oil (because it has a very mellow flavor), banana and peanut butter. You honestly can never go wrong with the chocolate, banana and PB combo!
We’re using the banana as our egg replacer, and unfortunately for those of you sensitive, I’m really not sure there’s a replacement. I tested these with a flax egg and they just weren’t as tasty. The banana not only helps make them moist and tender but it also gives a little extra sweetness and an underlying banana flavor.
If you must swap it out for allergy reasons, my suggestion would be another fruit puree like apple so you still get some sweet undertones!
If you’ve yet to hop on the donut train, OR you just haven’t had a donut in ages because you didn’t think it was possible to have a healthy donut, you’re in luck. These little pillows of chocolate-y goodness will light up your dessert world and make all your vegan donut dreams come true.
Plus, how can we say no to a baked good that is made in a blender? Literally, we just throw it all in, put it in the pan, then sit back and wait for the timer to go off. Donuts-made-easy!
Vegan Banana Chocolate Donuts
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons almond oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder
- 2 – 4 teaspoons almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a donut pan and set aside.
- In the order listed, add all ingredients to a blender (minus the chocolate chips and glaze ingredients) and blend on high until smooth. The mixture will be thick!
- Add your chocolate chips into the blender and fold into the batter with a spatula.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared donut pan, filling each all the way to the top. Bake for 13 – 14 minutes until the donuts are springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, flip the donuts out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- If you want to make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, powdered peanut butter and almond milk and drizzle over the donuts. Enjoy immediately or store at room temperature in an airtight container for 2 days.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 460kcal Calories from fat 185|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 21g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||32%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g||80g|
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.
Download Your Free Guide
Want more dessert recipes?
Follow my board on Pinterest!
The post Vegan Banana Chocolate Donuts appeared first on Simply Quinoa.