Spicy and flavorful twist on a classic chicken salad. This tasty buffalo chicken salad is made with an addition of sriracha sauce, green onions, celery, and Monterrey Jack cheese.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
PIN IT if you LOVE IT!
If you want some delicious ideas to pack into your picnic basket, I’ve got one that will knock your sock off! And, depending on how much extra sriracha sauce you will add, it might keep kicking.
A couple of weeks ago, I stopped at this new little cafe that serves nothing but chicken salads. Yes, an entire menu based on chicken salads. I tried their Southern Chicken Salad, which was SO delicious. I’ve only tried a potato salad in a southern style before and this was a chicken salad with eggs, pickles, and a little mustard. It was very tasty but what I liked the most was the texture.
Up until that day, the only way I’ve made and tried chicken salad was by dicing the chicken and mixing it with additional flavors and sauces. It never even occurred to me to shred the chicken first and then dice it. The result is amazing, the chicken salad is a lot softer and juicier, and the flavors that are added to the chicken salad are also spread more evenly throughout the salad. The whole combination really makes a much more satisfying bite.
This scrumptious buffalo chicken salad would be a perfect dish to pack with you on a picnic. You can eat it as a dip with some pretzels, or as a salad on top of some spinach and veggies, or as a wrap sandwich. Either way you serve it, it will be absolutely delicious.
Spicy buffalo chicken salad also goes perfectly with ranch and blue cheese dressings if you’d like to serve it on the sandwich or with a salad.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced green onions
- 4 oz Monterrey Jack cheese, diced
- 6 Tbsp buffalo sauce
- 2-3 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- Boil chicken until fully done and set side to cool until it can be handled. (Cook time will depend on the thickness of the chicken breasts.)
- Once the chicken is cooled, shred the chicken using two forks. After all the chicken is shredded, finely dice shredded chicken.
- Place all shredded and diced chicken into the mixing bowl.
- Add diced celery, green onion, and cheese. Add some salt and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Add buffalo sauce, sriracha sauce, and sour cream. Mix well.
- Keep refrigerated.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me:
Parmesan Dill Potato Salad
Avocado Cucumber Egg Salad
The Best Avocado Shrimp Salad
The post Zesty Buffalo Chicken Salad appeared first on Will Cook For Smiles.